No entry from Papa usually means he's unhappy with his life and feels like nothing is worth reporting. I think this is the case today; yesterday's entry signaled a darkening mood even though he'd been on a mild upswing before the Labor Day holiday.
I would assume he stayed home and listened to the radio and read the newspaper. Here are some New York Times headlines that might have caught his eye:
- MEMOIRS PLANNED BY FRANKS SLAYER; Leopold Makes His Will on Jail Paper -- Is Prepared to Live or Die.
- Flies From Boston to New York in 58 Minutes; Round Trip Made in 2 Hours and 12 Minutes
- THREE TO DIE FOR POGROMS.; Red Court in Ukraine Sentences Dereschtschik and His Aids.
- SAYS HYLAN TRICKS PUBLIC ON CONCERTS; People Pay for Music for Which Mayor Takes Credit, Harriet Blair Williams Asserts.
- TEXAN PLANK NAMES KLAN.; Democratic Convention Adopts a Resolution Condemning Order.
- RADIO PLANE CONTROL GAINS; Secret British Tests Include Launching of Winged Bombs.
- ASSURE COOLIDGE OF BIG MAJORITY; Party Leaders Report Bright Prospects in All Sections of the Country.
- DEMOCRATS ELATED BY REPORTS IN WEST; National Leaders Confer Here on Having Davis Continue His Trip to the Coast.
- YANKS GAIN IN RACE BY BEATING RED SOX; Take Final Contest of Series, 11-6, and Advance Half a Game on the Senators.
- Child Is Born With Two Heads.